Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A little sewing for mama:)

I never sew for myself. Ever. Because nothing ever fits, because I'm a bit well....endowed in the boobage area. Luckily someone on DSD (thanks Samantha!) made up a shirt with the Built By Wendy Built By You Simplicity 3835. I gave it a try!

Tips:
*If you're also quite busty, measure around your back but above your boobs for the chest measurement. I ended up making a size 18 which fits perfectly even though my actual chest measurement is not even on the pattern sizing.

*For a shirt, I added in a little bit to the front and bottom, by angling my pattern a bit off the folded edge and outwards (did that make sense?). This made it a bit more roomy without making it hang awkwardly.

*Don't be lazy and just sew, if you also have a serger. I neglected to do so, and now I have a feeling this shirt will be a mess of fraying once I wash it.

Photobucket

0 comments: