Wednesday, August 27, 2008

People suck

People suck, and it comes out most prominently when you're going through something craptastic [case in point- miscarriage]. You get the "it must be for the best", "we don't know God's plan" and the "there might have been something wrong with the baby". Or the people who want to make it all better, the "Have you tried "_______" (taking vitamins, going to the chiropractor, having hormones checked).

Getting pregnant again? Is not going to make the hurt go away. Another baby is not going to replace the one that I just lost.

Worst of all are the people who don't know what to say, so they don't say anything. The ones who write you a month later and say "I didn't want to bother you". Bullshit. You were uncomfortable and so you didn't write. Don't make out like you were doing it for my benefit. The friends that you thought you had, until something bad happens and they don't talk to you for a week. Or better yet, they talk to you but it's all about them. Oh me? No, don't worry about me. I want to hear ALL ABOUT YOU. You know, because it's not like I'm going through one of the worst times right now. (not that you asked)

I feel so alone. Stupid comments? Yeah, they suck. But what sucks worse is going through it without anyone.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi. You don't know me. I had bookmarked your site when I found your tut for the rrp. I just checked back today and read about your awful loss. I'm so sorry. I wish that life wasn't filled with so much pain. I pray that you and your family find some comfort as you grieve for your child. I hope that your next pregnancy is successful.--suz

Sarah AJ said...

(((Hugs)))

Email me anytime. I don't know the right things to say, but I'm an excellent listener (or reader, in this case).

I'm just so sorry. I'll be praying for you and your family.

Abbie said...

Interesting to know.