Sunday, November 30, 2008

Today is the end of three weeks

And I hope the beginning of many many more. Today marks the end of my third week being 100% raw. I know you're probably sick of hearing about the raw thing, but get this...


* My anxiety and relentless worry is completely gone
* I'm not feeling my usual winter depression creeping up
* My usually grossly dry and itchy elbows are miraculously soft now, without any lotions or creams!
* I've lost 14 pounds and over 6 inches
* My body fat has gone down 4% in the past 2 weeks (I didn't measure it the first week)
* My mom, sister and Gadgetman have all commented that I am happier and in a better mood



When I first started, I worried about Thanksgiving. I absolutely love turkey, and Thanksgiving is my most favorite holiday ever. Alas, I made it through still raw, and that includes a family dinner with Gadgetman's side of the family. My mom and I prepared a separate meal for ourselves (she is almost 5 months raw and is down 43 pounds):

Photobucket

The one dish in the big picture that I didn't get a closeup of was rosemary-garlic "mashed potatoes" made with jicama. My mom didn't care for it, I thought it was okay as long as I didn't think it was going to taste like real mashed potatoes.

Carrots, raisins and walnuts with sauce:

Photobucket

Marinated mushrooms with red pepper

Photobucket

This one the sunflower seed "mayo" turned gray so it looks nasty- but trust me, it's a Waldorf salad and it was delish:

Photobucket

The name of this one escapes me, but it tastes exactly like the regular Thanksgiving dish we always have- cranberries, apples, oranges....yum!

Photobucket

Pumpkin Pie:

Photobucket

And my most favorite of it all (and my mom's)- Strawberry Pie. The filling was reminiscent of melted strawberry icecream. We decided that next time the entire top of the pie will be covered in strawberries.
We made this the night before and so the strawberries sunk in by the time I got to taking the picture on Thanksgiving.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've tried to go raw before and only made it 1 week. Congratulations! I think that you're inspiring me to try again!

Anonymous said...

Forgot to sign my name above... I'm Suzanne.

Mommy Bean said...

Thanks Suzanne! I hope that you're able to stick with it, I am feeling great! My goal is 30 days, when I get there we'll see:) Only 6 days to go!